Five Minute DIY: Washi Tape Sofa Legs


Inspired by Anna of (Door Sixteen's) paint job on her sofa in her Brooklyn apartment, and a few other hand painted legs I've seen about; I had one of those light bulb moments mimicking the look using washi tape (a fun 5-minute DIY)!  Sometimes a semi-permanent solution is a good alternative if you're quite not sure about paint color or if you're like me and look forward to the idea of switching things up once in a while. (The LAPPLJUNG FÃ…GEL cushion is courtesy of IKEA from this past weekend's #Blend Event. A big shout out to all those ladies and their hard work on a great event. Also a big thank you to Omiyage for the neon washi tape!)!





Super easy - just wrap!  

~Jan
pinterest | facebook | twitter

Jan Halvarson

12 comments:

Flore said...

That's Fab!! Easy and stylish.. Love your very inspiring blog!
I love the font you use on this picture too, how is it called?

www.mommyspinkielipgloss.blogspot.com said...

I am all about the super easy pop of glam and this hits the mark! I love it! Your blog is soo awesome by the way! :) Michelle W

Mickey said...

This is a really fun and easy addition to that couch. It's really convenient that you can change that according to your mood or other design changes around the room.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I just love a simple and quick DIY to spruce up the house! :) Bf and I just bought a new house and I'm loving all the inspiration and cool ideas...

Unknown said...

I've wondered how that might look with washi or paing (I love pretty pegs). So cool!

Heather Belle said...

Super cute! And sooo customizable, theres so many different printed/coloured washi tapes!
xo Heather
http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

Yelle said...

So easy! I have to get my hands on some gold tape.. I love gold and wood!

MINA MOKA said...

great idea! I will definitely try this and link to your post when I do another post about washi tape ideas!

Lena

Jan Halvarson said...

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Just found it on Pinterest! Would love for you to link it up today at THE Pin It Party! The three co-hosts pick their three faves and pin them to a board with over 250 followers. Hope you can make it! XO, ellie

http://creativegeekery.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-pin-it-party-3.html

Shanice Bannis said...

Such a great idea! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

Lorna J. Johnson said...

I love this idea, save time and effort less. I can also have this at my sofa legs or even in my table legs. I hope my kids won't tear this washi tapes.